home Forums # Technical Support Excel Files

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by filippo filippo 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    filippo
    filippo
    Participant

Hi,
    I have an excel dataset with 29.000 observations on 6 differeent variables.
    I would like to aggregate this dataset by combining the first 3 variables as first input and the second 3 different variables as second input.

Is it possible to do it? How can i upload an excel file in Fuzzylite?

Thank you.

Juan Rada-Vilela
    Juan Rada-Vilela
    Keymaster

Hi Filippo,

how do you want to aggregate the first variables? Can you provide an example of the inputs and your controller?

You could export the Excel file to comma-separated values and create a simple reader to read and pass values to fuzzylite. There are a few examples in fuzzylite (check: FldExporter in https://github.com/fuzzylite/fuzzylite/blob/release/fuzzylite/src/imex/FldExporter.cpp).

filippo
    filippo
    Participant

Hi Juan,
    yes i try to make an example.

I have this excel dataset with 29.000 different observations on three different variables each: X1,X2 and X3. These variables describe a particular aspect of each observation. I would like to aggregate the single values of X1,X2 and X3 by using fuzzy lite. They are normally aggregated by using a simple mean of scores, but a think that fuzzy logic would be more useful to describe the problem.

So, in order to estimate my Y I would like to introduce three linguistic variables on each X(1,2,3) and aggregate them by using the centroid function.
    X1–>insufficient, acceptable, good
    X2–>insufficient, acceptable, good
    X3–>insufficient, acceptable, good

The problem is that I don’t know how to let Fuzzylite to read the entire excel database with the 29.000 observations. I know that FuzzyTech allows doing it, but it is a very expensive software.

Have I to implement a package or a script into Fuzzylite in order to read the excel file? I see that the supported files are: .fll .fis .fcl, but not excel.

Fuzzy lite says: The file does not appear to be in a valid FLL format for a FllImporter

Thank you so much for your support

Juan Rada-Vilela
    Juan Rada-Vilela
    Keymaster

Hi Filippo,

Thanks for your post.

It seems that you want to define the ranges for variables X1, X2, and X3, where Xi contains three terms “insufficient”, “acceptable”, and “good”. I think you could use boxplots on each variable and define the ranges for each accordingly. Once you define the ranges, you can use fuzzylite to create the linguistic variables and the rules that will control your system. Is this sort of what you are looking for?

If not, are X1, X2 and X3 input variables? Are there any output variable? Is there are relation between X1, X2 and X3?

Cheers,

Juan.

filippo
    filippo
    Participant

Hi Juan,
    I am looking for converting the excel file into FLL, FIS, or FCL files, which are the formats allowed for fuzzylite.
    The script you suggested me for the FDL exporter is a R script? Is there something like this for R, in order to export excel files into something that is readable for Fuzzylite?

Thank you.

You could export the Excel file to comma-separated values and create a simple reader to read and pass values to fuzzylite. There are a few examples in fuzzylite (check: FldExporter in https://github.com/fuzzylite/fuzzylite/blob/release/fuzzylite/src/imex/FldExporter.cpp).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.